Monday, November 18, 2019

My Relationship with media right now

November 18, 2019
My relationship with media is both positive and negative. It can be a fun experience to see and learn new things, but it can also be a negative experience. It can be exposure to violent or negative things such as bullying. Luckily, I am fortunate enough to have not experienced any sort of bullying towards me. But, I have unfortunately seen others get harassed, threatened, and others believing that making fun of another is humorous. I have seen plenty examples of threats being made to other people and I have seen threats that had to be taken seriously for the sake of a lot of people's lives. So far in my experience with media, it has been pretty positive and I have no issues with harassment or a any sort of bullying. This is because I try my best to surround myself with a positive environment and choose who I allow into my personal life in real life and my social media. I also believe that he media can be very interesting and give anyone an opportunity to see new things. And though I am not personally negatively effected by anything, I do see things that are a bit unsettling. Like how young adults are influenced easily by others and how they are focused on their appearances rather than improving who they are as a person. And how some are focused on how others might think of them and what their opinions are. Again, I am fortunate enough to be comfortable with myself to not care what their perceptions of me is and who I am as a individual. Like I find it interesting when I see someone, who is very beautiful in their own way, compare themselves to an influencer or even another person. Because I personally find individuality beautiful in its own way. I believe that media is a great platform to express and expose new ideas and things that need further education about, but I do also think it creates a negative environment for some. It allows those who are insecure about themselves to further that obsession of being accepted by others because only a certain image is "socially acceptable". But, in the end people's perception of media can vary depending on their relationship with it and the experiences they have had with it. 

Links to videos:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=videos+about+social+media+and+body+image&view=detail&mid=A4402E57399EFADA690AA4402E57399EFADA690A&FORM=VIRE





No comments:

Post a Comment

The majority of my individual time is spent on social media or social networking. And about have my regular day is spent on Instagram, Snap...