Thursday, January 23, 2020

The majority of my individual time is spent on social media or social networking. And about have my regular day is spent on Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, and many other apps. Within these apps they are filled with commercials and ads that try to get across to consumers while using the apps. So while I am spending my time on those apps I am automatically exposed to all advertisements sent to convince consumers to buy their product. This doesn’t necessarily affect my life as if it were to be negative, but others aren’t as aware as I am. Even though I have never bought something out of desire due to advertisements, I am now able to recognize people’s intention and what they are trying to get across. And because of these blogs I was able to become more aware of those tactics that a specifically meant to draw in certain audiences. Therefore, I am able to protect myself from blindly obeying the advertisements that brands put out into the world. To add on, my media consumption has changed due to the fact that I am no longer unaware of the underlying tactics of advertising. For example, I am now able to see what brands are trying to convince consumers with and how they are able to utilize the tactics that they know works on consumers. To continue, it is essential within our society and our technology to have media literacy since we are exposed to all kinds of ideas and products. And because it’s not a very good decision to buy a product just because an advertisement says it’s the best in the world and it can change your life, how can one trust that? So through the ability to depict what brands are trying to sell you through those hidden messages within their advertisements it would help one to make the best decision for themselves. I certainly got a lot out of this journal and this experience of keeping one, like before I wasn’t completely aware of tactics that advertisers would use and how the most sentimental commercial or add was actually a tactic to draw certain audiences in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The majority of my individual time is spent on social media or social networking. And about have my regular day is spent on Instagram, Snap...